How to migrate your Luxembourg accounting plan according to the new PCN 2020
The Luxembourg Government introduced a new standardized chart of accounts (known as PCN 2020) in the Grand-Ducal Regulation dated September 12, 2019.
PCN 2020 is a revision of PCN 2009 to match the current needs of both companies and the public sector.
What has changed under PCN 2020?
PCN 2020 is a logical continuation of the 2009 version. However, the nomenclature has been revised as follows:>/p>
Some accounts have been:
● Added e.g. “211 development costs” has been created;
● It means new accounts creation
● Deleted e.g. “1821 Provision for corporate income tax” has been deleted;
●It means accounts depreciation (or deletion if never used).
● Split e.g. “61332 commission and loans’ issuance expenses” has been split into “61332 loans’ issuance expense” and “61338 other banking and similar services”
●It means new accounts creation and renaming of existing accounts
● Merged e.g. “303 inventories of consumable materials and supplies” combines “302 consumable materials” and “303 consumable supplies”
●It means renaming/deprecation of existing accounts (or deletion if never used)
More on: Luxembourgish PCN 2020